View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 20th, 2018, 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What are you reading? 
Owned by a Cat
Owned by a Cat

Just finished Marvel 1602, was an amazing read. Especially, since I got the hardcover edition of the collection. Niel Gaiman put in a letter he wrote after he read the complete series, all the way through, before it was published. He talked about how he was able to experience meeting all the loved Marvel characters, from the beginning. It really shows in 1602, going back to the original concepts, and playing with them. Was a very wow read.

In other news, I am accutely missing this girl I recently met, and am trying my best do date, as she pressing maters in her life and has dissappeared from even being online. One of the few people I've met in my life, that are truly worth it all just to get to know. Well, at least I have a reason to alot more, so as to keep my mind off missin' her, and annoyin' the hell outta her with emails, hehe. Lets see...what's next.... Berserk #6, The Hedge Knight #2, or maybe...start Kushiel's Chosen, since the first book was jaw droppingly good at times.

My writings: http://madrin.deviantart.com
My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/madrin/

May 13th, 2005, 5:58 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Small Chocolate Piano
Small Chocolate Piano

Hmmm...I plan on buying Superman: Red Son if I get the chance.

Jimmy Olsen as a US agent is a plot worthy of his old wacky series. ;)

May 15th, 2005, 2:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Vampress
Vampress

Frankenstein: The Prodigal Son by Dean Koontz

May 24th, 2005, 11:17 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

Ok, Sword of Truth successfully finished. Now to read "The Science of Good & Evil," a book a friend bought me for Christmas. It's a nonfiction work that would be better if the author didn't equate good with altruism and cooperation and evil with selfishness and competitiveness consistently. My higher level morals have their roots in Objectivism, so I have problems with all that. If you have no idea what I'm talking about just smile and nod ;)

The Sword of Truth is good if you don't mind reading a fantasy series that forgoes culture and world detail almost completely for characterization and plot development. And the author doesn't seem to have had a real idea where he wanted the series to end. He's been introducing barriers in the later books that prevent the characters from using all their abilities, simply because he thinks they have became too powerful and would otherwise be boring.

Great men are meteors, destined to burn up the earth

May 25th, 2005, 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2