[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Weirdo Zone - View topic - Nitwits of the Nth Degree...
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 18th, 2018, 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Nitwits of the Nth Degree... 
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Nitwits of the Nth Degree...
So after showing this to Sol, he decided to use it as fodder for one of his infamous articles on his site, ...

Anyway, the story is that one day in my snail mail box here at college I found a flyer for an free online music offer for students at my University through a new service called Rhapsody. I was interested until I went to the site only to find out this service did not support the Mac OS (which is what I have). So I decided to e-mail them to see if they'd have Mac support within the timeframe of this free trial offer. This is the e-mail I sent:

Hello,

My name is [Jai'byrd] and I am a Grad student at [Jai's University] living on campus. I am interested in the Rhapsody trial and like to take advantage of it while I can. However I see you do not support the Mac OS yet as I am currently running Mac OS 9.2.2. I was wondering if you had a projection on when you might have Mac support in the future and if so is it within the timeframe of the trial? Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
[Jai'byrd]

And this is what I got back:

Your input is appreciated.  [Jai's University] did not choose Rhapsody, we were asked to pilot them.  What we are looking for is this type of service, not necessarily this particular service.  It is unfortunate that Rhapsody does not support the Mac OS, and I'm sure if we decide to go with a music service the service we choose will support the Mac OS.

Thank you for your input.

So yeah... Does anyone else feel like this e-mail was written by a reject from ? :shock: :roll: :?

December 12th, 2004, 8:30 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
It definatly belongs on Engrish.com. And the article is up and ready, but it is part of a full set of Tech support and Customer Service follies. Feel free to check it out on my Articles Section.

-Sol

December 12th, 2004, 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]