[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Weirdo Zone - View topic - FanFic character
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 25th, 2018, 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 FanFic character 

Do you like the sketches?
Definitely! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It's okay, I guess 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nah... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

FanFic character 
Arch Angel
Arch Angel

Post FanFic character
Two drawings of a character I'd like to introduce in 'Rise of the Night', my first FanFic. His name is Matthew...
Please fire comment at me. :roll: No, seriously. Please do. Anything that could improve my draw style will be just fine. Thank you.

February 12th, 2005, 11:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

At the level you're at, I'm never sure how to give advice, besides "practice a lot." But here I go...

You seem to have the basic human-form idea down. Now you just need to get together the specifics that make it look right. First and foremost, that guy's arms are too thick in the second picture. I know he's supposed to me muscley, but you'd be suprised how slender arms and legs can be, even with well-built people. On the right arm (his right, our left), the shoulder comes out too far, like it's dislocated or something. The inner part of the upper arm should actually be obscured by the chest a bit, so it actually looks like the shoulder is "set" into the body. Also in the second picture, his head is too big. I'm not going to say "he should be such-and-such heads tall" like a lot of people do, because ultimatly the scaling is up to your taste.

As for the head itself, you did pretty well in the second one. The lower face part is kinda mushy, but you'll figure out face and jawline stuff as time goes on. In the first one, though, his head seems kinda compacted vertically. A good rule of thumb is that the top of the head down to the eyebrows is about equal to the distance from the eyebrows to the chin (when their mouth is closed, anyway). You seem to have the eye spacing down fairly well, but they seem kinda close together in the first one. The rule there is that eyes are one eye-width apart.

I can't say much about the coat. I'm not the best at clothing myself. Probably your clothing will get better as you figure out the body underneath it, and how things would form around it, and hang due to gravity. Then there's the issue of how particular materials play and fold.

Well, that's all I got to say for now.

February 12th, 2005, 1:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Arch Angel
Arch Angel

Okay. I'll keep that in mind and practice some more. A lot more... :)
Thank you, Darlos.

February 12th, 2005, 4:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

February 12th, 2005, 9:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]