Weirdo Zone
http://www.theweirdozone.com/WZForums/

How to call it...
http://www.theweirdozone.com/WZForums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Angel [ October 16th, 2004, 8:30 am ]
Post subject:  How to call it...

By Angel. 15/10/2004


How do you call the feeling you get when someone very special to you is around?
When having butterflies in your stomach?
I don't know about you
But I would call it; love and friendship

Okay, it maybe sounds a little too good to be true
But then again...
As long as that person is special to you
As long as that person appreciates what you do

In the end
All your worries about that one single friend
will be worth whatever you did
to maintain your friendship


I wrote this last night. I just might edit it a little... Don't know yet. Depends on how I feel, I guess.:)

Author:  Sora [ October 18th, 2004, 12:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How to call it...

Angel wrote:
By Angel. 15/10/2004


How do you call the feeling you get when someone very special to you is around?
When having butterflies in your stomach?
I don't know about you
But I would call it; love and friendship

Okay, it maybe sounds a little too good to be true
But then again...
As long as that person is special to you
As long as that person appreciates what you do

In the end
All your worries about that one single friend
will be worth whatever you did
to maintain your friendship


I wrote this last night. I just might edit it a little... Don't know yet. Depends on how I feel, I guess.:)










No! Don't! I love it! The beginning sounds most beautiful.

Author:  Angel [ October 18th, 2004, 1:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

It just doesn't feel right! :(
The first part came out very easily... It's the rest that took more than I expected.

Author:  Sora [ October 18th, 2004, 1:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Angel wrote:
It just doesn't feel right! :(
The first part came out very easily... It's the rest that took more than I expected.










Why don't you read, several times, and try to discover what the poem means. or atleast what it means to you. Try it. It might work.

Author:  Jaibyrd [ October 18th, 2004, 1:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sora wrote:
Why don't you read, several times, and try to discover what the poem means. or atleast what it means to you. Try it. It might work.


One would assume she knows what it means as she wrote it. And as a fellow writer, the more you read your own work, the more you hate it and want to change it.

Author:  Sora [ October 18th, 2004, 1:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jaibyrd wrote:
Sora wrote:
Why don't you read, several times, and try to discover what the poem means. or atleast what it means to you. Try it. It might work.


One would assume she knows what it means as she wrote it. And as a fellow writer, the more you read your own work, the more you hate it and want to change it.










Not for me. I've been writing for years, and the more I read it, the more I love it. You shouldn't be eshamed of your own work, even if it needs to modified. Your work may seem stupid to you, but to the rest of the world, it may seem like a treasure worth keeping.


Yet, if you don't like it, you won't get far with anything else. So, Angel, I take back what I said. Change it you want. As long as you're happy, it doesn't matter what the world thinks.

Author:  Angel [ October 18th, 2004, 1:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well... It's out here for critique I guess. :) I wouldn't post it if I wouldn't be interested in knowing what you think of it.

I'll see what I can do later, as I don't have a clue what I'll do about it right now...

Author:  HorusRe [ October 19th, 2004, 12:18 am ]
Post subject: 

Bottom line is this... if all you want is to write for fun then don't worry about editing. BUT if you EVER desire to get published get used to editing! Maybe 1/10th of a percent of ALL writers can publish a first draft. And these are the MASTERS of the written word. They know formulations for putting stroies togeather like scientists know equations for nuclear physics! EVERYBODY else should edit their work for publication (of have it edited). Stephen King goes through at least 2 drafts. Issac Asimov went trhough a minimum of 3 for his great works. Most published authors will tell you that until you rewrite something for the third time the story is incomplete by it's very nature. I have been in the process of editing the SAME book for over 16 years now. I wrote it back when I was 16. Needless to say I still like the context of the story... I just hate the content. It SHOWS it was penned by a boy of 16. And it wouldn't sell. So I rework it and rework it until I get something I like. Two of the 20 revisions were worth a damn. And I didn't like those versions enough to publish. And let me tell you something, when you rewrite a book that is comprised of over 350 pages (about that anyway, don't remember anymore) more than once you understand why talented writers can ask for the big bucks! heh heh heh

No that I got that out of my system... Angel, my sweet soeur. I think you should revise this poem. Not that I don't like already. But as you nip and trim the poem it will blossom like a rose. A groomed rose always looks so much better than a wild rose. There is a reason for that. And a love poem should not be "wild"... it should be gentle and "groomed". That is my opinion anyway. But don't sit down to rewrite it. Just sit down and let the mood take you again, to the place where the poem was spawned in your breast... to the state of mind that will guide the creative process and make the poem revise itself. :wink: Sure, this may sound like Re-typical mystical mumbo-jumbo. But I swear to you this place exists. And it is the fountain-head of imagination and art of all kinds! And that's my final word for this post. :D

~Re

Author:  Angel [ October 19th, 2004, 1:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks, bro. Will do. :)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/