[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Weirdo Zone - View topic - My Cyborg Superman costume.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 18th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 My Cyborg Superman costume. 
Small Chocolate Piano
Small Chocolate Piano

Post My Cyborg Superman costume.
It's not sold in any store. I made it myself. Do I pass?

October 31st, 2005, 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
First Knight of the Odd Republic!

You have my vote! That's frekking radical! You built that all from scratch? Damn, thats some sweet tailoring. You swing a mean needle McGurk! ;)

~Re

October 31st, 2005, 11:25 pm
Profile YIM
Small Chocolate Piano
Small Chocolate Piano

My bad.. I should have worded it better.. What happened was, I bought a standard Superman costume, paying the additional five bucks for the enhanced muscle chest. Then I painted all the appropriate areas in rich silver, and added black and titanum white plus a little metallic white to it, so it would look more Cyborg-ish than Man of Steel-ish. I couldn't find a comics scene with the Man of Tomorrow's back without the cape, so that was up to my imagination. Half of the red "S" was filled in with a black permanent marker. The cape and belt I left as they are.

The red superhero boots I ordered with the costume, painted much like the rest, and covered the red zipper with silver duct tape.

The mask came with a do-it-yourself cyborg skull mask kit. I covered it with the silver make up, then added red and black later. Then I cut it to show part of my face. The liquid latex adhesive I didn't have the patience for, so I used scotch tape instead.

And, I used a medium latex glove from Publix, panting it just like the rest.

Unfortunately, I live in South Florida, so both costume contests I planned to go to were cancelled due to the hurricane. :(

November 1st, 2005, 1:27 am
Profile WWW

Ah, well... I still think it rocks! Not bad paint work to be sure. ;)

So you still get a thumbs up! :thumbup:

~Re

November 1st, 2005, 9:15 am
Profile YIM
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Amazing!
That is an amazing costume. Great work man! I've only done one modified DC based costume myself and that way years ago as I was Catwoman! Here's an old pic of that by-gone costume:

It's nice to see someone so into Superman (other than your screen name here being a major-tip off) as I try to keep up on what he's doing, but I normally stick to the Batman/Catwoman side of things...

You'd win our costume contest if we had one! :thumbup:

November 5th, 2005, 9:37 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]