View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 20th, 2018, 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Getting right back on track 
Brain-sucking IPod Alien
Brain-sucking IPod Alien

Post Getting right back on track
Anyone here ever played or heard of Melty Blood? It's a 2D fighter for the PC, plays similar to Guilty Gear but with more craziness to it (how many other games feature maids that have katanas hidden in the handles of their brooms?). It be the sequal to the Tsukihime h-game, but doesn't seem to have any... questionable content in it.
At any rate, its pretty awesome.

October 13th, 2004, 9:09 pm
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Re: Getting right back on track
Z0PharX wrote:
Anyone here ever played or heard of Melty Blood? It's a 2D fighter for the PC, plays similar to Guilty Gear but with more craziness to it (how many other games feature maids that have katanas hidden in the handles of their brooms?). It be the sequal to the Tsukihime h-game, but doesn't seem to have any... questionable content in it.
At any rate, its pretty awesome.

Huh, I've never heard of it... If it's like Guilty Gear maybe we should look into it as we're such freaks about Guilty Gear... :wink: :D

October 13th, 2004, 9:19 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Brain-sucking IPod Alien
Brain-sucking IPod Alien

You can get a bit more indepth information at http://www.diehardgamer.com/scripts/vie ... .asp?id=65 , and a low resolution video of it's gameplay at http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/melty ... 02347.html

October 13th, 2004, 10:50 pm
Rant Master
Rant Master

I heard of the name back when I messed around with MUGEN and was looking for sprite sets. It seemed fairly odd and worth a look.

October 14th, 2004, 7:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
I never heard of a game called Melty Blood. "LMAO!" What a funny name! Melty Blood. HA! :lol: :shock: :o :D :mrgreen: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Whoo. Anyhoo, I'd like to play the game anyway. It sounds kinda cool.

October 14th, 2004, 10:51 pm
Brain-sucking IPod Alien
Brain-sucking IPod Alien

I heard of the name back when I messed around with MUGEN and was looking for sprite sets. It seemed fairly odd and worth a look.

I remember toying around with Mugen once before, but didn't end up getting much done with it. Perhaps you could point me in the direction of some decent resources for it?

Sora wrote:
I never heard of a game called Melty Blood.

Yeah, its not very well known (compared to things like Guilty Gear Soul Calibur), but it still stands with the best of 'em, in my opinion.

October 15th, 2004, 2:28 am
First Knight of the Odd Republic!

I've heard of Mugen... but I thought it was a Hentei? Well, all the pics I snirtched while surfing with that name were all Dojinshi style. So I assumed. :wink: Is there a link to any sites regarding the game that people can pass on to me?

October 15th, 2004, 7:56 am
Profile YIM
Post Huh?
I don't get! The only game I know about is Soul Calibur. What are the rest? Help me out here man! I'm burnin'! BURNIN'!

October 15th, 2004, 2:06 pm

Post Re: Huh?
Sora wrote:
I don't get! The only game I know about is Soul Calibur. What are the rest? Help me out here man! I'm burnin'! BURNIN'!

Well, you know about Mortall Kombat too. :wink: And Final Fantasy... your name is Sora after all. :D As for Melty Blood and Mugen, well I don't know the games either. Still waiting on the Mugen "game vs. Hentei" answer. :wink: I think the only Fighter that goes under most Radars that I own is "Evil Zone". And Bushido Blade maybe... it amazes me how many people have never played that game. :shock: I thought EVERY gamer that was around when the PS! released had played that game. Toshinden too. :wink: Turns out I'm wrong on both counts. :lol: C'est la vie.

~Re

October 17th, 2004, 4:57 am
Profile YIM
Brain-sucking IPod Alien
Brain-sucking IPod Alien

I don't know a whole lot about it, but here goes...

Mugen is basically a open ended fighting game engine. You can create characters from scratch, or you can take them from other games. Currently on my select screen I have Napalm Man from Megaman, Shishio, Dizzy, Baiken, and vampire Sion from melty blood.

October 17th, 2004, 7:00 am

Wow. Mugen sounds totally rad. :D What system does it run on?

October 17th, 2004, 10:58 am
Profile YIM
Rant Master
Rant Master

Well, I don't know. Maybe there's some hentai out there called Mugen. But this thing I'm talking about is M.U.G.E.N., which is a program that lets you create your own custom 2D fighting game characters and pit them against one another. The system is pretty intense, so don't expect to just bust out a brand new character in just an hour or two.

As for some good resources for it... there's something called MUGEN Editing Ensemble (MEE) that's great for editing characters. Also, get your hands on MUGEN Windows Configurator (MWC). It's this really handy program that does all of the file handling for you, so you don't have to go in and manually place and edit files to get things to work.

All that should do you good. If you have any more questions, head out to a MUGEN forum and ask questions. Also, be warned that if you're gonna make a new character, you can't use somebody elses custom character unless you have their permission. Quite often, as is usual with sprite-editing, custom characters are just several other characters from real games thrown together, edited, and re-colored to make something new.

Hey, it'd be nifty to get a MUGEN project going here. We could probably make one odd fighting game.

October 17th, 2004, 11:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
Post Re: Huh?
HorusRe wrote:
Sora wrote:

Well, you know about Mortall Kombat too. :wink: And Final Fantasy... your name is Sora after all. :D As for Melty Blood and Mugen, well I don't know the games either. Still waiting on the Mugen "game vs. Hentei" answer. :wink: I think the only Fighter that goes under most Radars that I own is "Evil Zone". And Bushido Blade maybe... it amazes me how many people have never played that game. :shock: I thought EVERY gamer that was around when the PS! released had played that game. Toshinden too. :wink: Turns out I'm wrong on both counts. :lol: C'est la vie.

~Re

I meant the only game that you guys stated that I know about is Soul Calibur.

Anyhoo, Yes I do know about Mortal Kombat (a hell of a lot), and Final Fantasy. Yet, I got the name Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

There are many games that I know about. Some that are even old as dirt. I've played video games all my life. I design games too. Only for fun though.

Oh, my new site, Mortal Kombat Comics, is now online. Sorry for not emailing you any previews, but now you can see it all! http://pages.ivillage.com/zeah

If you love Mortal Kombat, the you'll love the home page. It's a combination of the Select Your Fighter Screens of MK3, and MKDA. And the music rocks. it might take about 2-5 seconds for the music to play, so you're gonna have to wait that long. Anyhoo, enjoy!

October 17th, 2004, 11:49 am

Well, I don't know. Maybe there's some hentai out there called Mugen. But this thing I'm talking about is M.U.G.E.N., which is a program that lets you create your own custom 2D fighting game characters and pit them against one another. The system is pretty intense, so don't expect to just bust out a brand new character in just an hour or two.

As for some good resources for it... there's something called MUGEN Editing Ensemble (MEE) that's great for editing characters. Also, get your hands on MUGEN Windows Configurator (MWC). It's this really handy program that does all of the file handling for you, so you don't have to go in and manually place and edit files to get things to work.

All that should do you good. If you have any more questions, head out to a MUGEN forum and ask questions. Also, be warned that if you're gonna make a new character, you can't use somebody elses custom character unless you have their permission. Quite often, as is usual with sprite-editing, custom characters are just several other characters from real games thrown together, edited, and re-colored to make something new.

Hey, it'd be nifty to get a MUGEN project going here. We could probably make one odd fighting game.

Okay, just one more question on the subject. What would you say the basic system requirements are for MUGEN? Other than that, I think this sounds like an AWSOME idea. I've got a new system coming my way in the next week or so (a friends been pieceing it togeather for the last, oh, 4 months... I'd given up on it) and I'll start hunting up those files once that machine is up and running. I'll do what I can on any MUGEN project that starts here... as long as it is idiot-friendly! Me and code don't get along. :wink:

~Re

October 17th, 2004, 12:13 pm
Profile YIM
Brain-sucking IPod Alien
Brain-sucking IPod Alien

I don't think Mugen takes much of anything to run. I've been messing around with the windows version, and its pretty light.

October 17th, 2004, 6:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next