View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 23rd, 2018, 7:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Half-Life 2 tests you. 
Post Half-Life 2 tests you.
Found something interesting today. For some background, half-life is one of my favorite games of all time. Half-life2 is shaping up to be just as awesome after some modernization to be equally incredible, if one is to believe the hype. After the game footage I've seen, I believe it. ;)

The game's creating company, Valve has always been a little sneaky, and it appears they are playing with the community. I would like to direct everyone to a great site and an article based on some mysterious tests Valve is pulling off. http://www.hlfallout.net/articles.php/article_17/

I rather like the second test and the concept art they show...great for anyone who played the first Half-Life. ;) But wow, the water in the picture is exquisitely detailed. The first test was a bit of a let down, but the second at least gives a decent reward. If you read the comments to the article on their forums, there are leads and suspicions to the third test.

At any rate...how strange to be testing the community when they themselves have been tested by someone hacking them and stealing their code...

-Sol

October 18th, 2004, 10:37 am
Rant Master
Rant Master

October 19th, 2004, 9:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Arch Angel
Arch Angel

October 19th, 2004, 1:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]