[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Weirdo Zone - View topic - AAARGH!!!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2018, 7:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 AAARGH!!! 
Rant Master
Rant Master

Post AAARGH!!!
I swear, I'll never get around to my comic because my art style is continuously up in the air.

Recently, my style has been moving closer and closer to having rather realistic proportions. I was randomly doodling around this morning and "accidentally" came up with this:

For those of you who've seen my characters, this was supposed to be Ricka (and there was supposed to be more to this picture, but I stopped with this). I have to say that the attributes of this picture are far out of my usual norm. But at the same time I kinda like it. She could be anywhere from mid- to late-teens, probably. What does everyone else think? Good direction? Bad?

November 18th, 2004, 4:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Excellent!!
I love it! Amazing Job Darlos! It's the best one yet! Now I can really see she has hips! :wink: :P :D

November 18th, 2004, 5:38 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
First Knight of the Odd Republic!

DUDE! This is a "doodle" for you?! Where's the tubes and circles that I use for framing? Mercy my brother, mercy! :wink: Does that answer the "good/bad" question for ya?

Personally, I like the "Silent Girl" picture the best. The detail on that one is to fuckin DIE for. And she looks Goth enough to make me look on with that desire we otaku have for manga/anime babes. But "Proportional" is very nice in it's own right. And it does make her look older than my favotite... the hips are filled out (like Jai said). And she just looks more prepared to kick some ass.

On the Re-scale I'll give "Proportional" a 16 (8 for style and 8 for idea). Max score is 20. :wink:

And you STILL blow me away with this being an "accident"! :shock:

~Re

November 18th, 2004, 8:53 pm
Profile YIM
Arch Angel
Arch Angel

Post Oelaalaaa!
Okay... Good direction?! Great direction! ;) No, honestly, I love it. Her cloths and figure look amazingly realistic. Well done! :D

November 19th, 2004, 2:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

Well, it's a "doodle" because of the very fact that I don't have all of the detailed shading and such.

Well, now I'm off to commit this to bristol board. There's more to this...

November 19th, 2004, 3:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I've got to ask... did you use any "How to Draw Anime" guides in your development? If you can point me in a direction that will get me to your level I'll go that way. I bought the "How to Draw the Marvel Way" book (or whatever it is called). It collects dust. I'm not a comic artist, my mind just does not work for objects in motion. I seem to be more static in my way of seeing things. Or at least I tend to find more beauty in things with "potential energy" as opposed to being kenetic. Anyway, any advice on the matter?

~Re

November 19th, 2004, 5:23 pm
Profile YIM
Arch Angel
Arch Angel

Post Okay...
Hmm... If you want a sort of "guide", you can always check out this site: http://www.howtodrawmanga.com
That's the one I visit from time to time to see how I can improve some little details on drawings that make the whole difference. The site is great when it comes to showing you how to begin with parts of the body and such. Right now I'm thinking of "the eyes" of a character. You should see my school books. They're full of such little eyes and noses and so on... :roll: I do tend to get bored sometimes.

Anyway, if you feel like checking it out, I think the site will be of some help. :)

Last edited by Angel on November 20th, 2004, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 19th, 2004, 5:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

I went there. A long time ago. Sometime in my Sophomore year in highschool. I was directed there by a good friend of mine. I must say, it set me off on a path of confidence, before which I had no clue what I thought of my own artwork... artwork which looked like the first pages of my comic, if you need an example.

Still working on the final product of this picture...

November 20th, 2004, 1:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

I must say, the biggest thing I probably stumbled across with that earlier sketch was the wide hips. I think that was the major thing that was different from usual. And, somehow, I think I like it for her. Which is odd, considering that... well, she's kind of supposed to be my ideal girl. So... am I into the ghetto-booty? Hm...

I think Sol would be the one to make a comment on that.

November 20th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Touched
Have you ever seen something for the first time that just took your breath away? Maybe a sunset, or a statue, or a painting (pacific ocean, 1990... Serket... Early Monet, can't remember the name of the mural). When I saw the top half of this pic that was the feeling I got. There is SO much emotion in this picture that it washed over me like a tidal wave. Filling me with the love and warmth that is there.

This is no bullshit bro. I haven't gotten a feeling like this since I read my first issue of "Shanda the Panda". I want to BE in that picture! I crave that level of intimacy (and in that particular sotuation) so bad I ache. And you brought me into that drawing and let me taste it for just a moment.

It was enough. :wink:

Kudos Darlos! Lets call it a 20 on the Re scale. That would be... the third perfect score I have given out I think. In a year... 8)

Thank you for the feeling... :wink:

~Re

November 20th, 2004, 10:54 pm
Profile YIM
Rant Master
Rant Master

Wow... quite the response. Thank you very much for the shining review.

The warmth fades, though... then I have to come up with some other romantic scene in order to... imagine what it might be like again.

Damn, I need a girlfriend.

... and what is Spanda the Panda?

November 21st, 2004, 12:15 am
Profile YIM WWW

I need a girlfriend that makes me feel like the way that picture makes me feel. But I know the feeling brother... DAMN do I know that feeling.

And "Shanda the Panda" is a comic book released by AP (Antartic Press)years ago. A "Re-style" of comic. :wink: No superpowers or deadly plots to take over the world. Just anthropomophs (animals with human attributes) living their lives. Sort of a soap-opera in comic form actually. But the romantic triangle that is formed in the comic warms my heart and makes me ache for a love that deep and powerful. Shandalar (Shanda for short) is in love with a cajun Racoon (Richard) BUT is also bi-curious. Enter the third member of the love-triangle, a lesbian... um... I think she might be a moth or something (she has the antenna) Kelli (don't quote me on the name... vapor-locking on it). Kelli is a lesbian that is trying to "turn" Shanda but is afraid to move too fast. So the comic spins on Shanda and her torn affections for Richard and Kelli. The story is amazingly well done... but then again I'm a sap for such things.

the funny thing is that I HATE soap operas! :lol: Must be the fur and the tails that keeps me turning the page. :wink:

~Re

November 21st, 2004, 5:49 am
Profile YIM

November 21st, 2004, 8:34 pm
Rant Master
Rant Master

November 21st, 2004, 8:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Small Chocolate Piano
Small Chocolate Piano

your style as greatly improved since i last seen it...nice to see your stages....
with advice to your comic
I wouldn't worry too much about your style
If you collect enough comic books you'll notice that even professional artist will improve they're style.

February 18th, 2005, 2:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]