[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Weirdo Zone - View topic - Lastest Interesting News from the #WASHU# ML...
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 17th, 2018, 5:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Lastest Interesting News from the #WASHU# ML... 
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Lastest Interesting News from the #WASHU# ML...
Apparently in the latest Newtype USA Magazine they polled their readers to get a top 25 ranked Anime of all time... Here's the results:

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Inuyasha
4. Rurouni Kenshin
5. Trigun
6. Fruits Basket
7. Robotech
8. Ranma 1/2
9. Love Hina
10. Sailor Moon
11. Hellsing
12. Fooly Cooly
13. Fushigi Yugi
14. Chobits
15. Akira
16. TENCHI MUYO!
17. Azumanga Daioh
18. Initial D
19. Dragon Ball Z
20. Vision of Escaflowne
21. Full Metal Panic!
22. Gundam Seed
23. Wolf's Rain
24. Cardcaptor Sakura
25. Excel Saga

Thanks to my Grad course in Research I highly question public polls, but this wasn't pure research and it's interesting to see how everything was ranked... :wink:

October 30th, 2004, 11:17 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

Eva on top just where it deserves to be. I enjoy Gundam SEED more, but Eva's the only anime I know of that could be considered best anime of all time.

Great men are meteors, destined to burn up the earth

October 30th, 2004, 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

No no. GREATEST anime of all time. There's a difference between "greatest" and "best." Like how Final Fantasy 7 is probably the greatest RPG (if not video game) of all time... but whether or not it's the BEST is up to debate. Same thing with Eva.

October 30th, 2004, 2:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Stupid poll, stupid Flood

October 30th, 2004, 3:04 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
First Knight of the Odd Republic!

Hmm, I really don't think "Robotech" should make the list... it's not Anime in the traditional sense. It's a Harmony Gold reworking, but of course everyone here knows that. :wink:

And where is Macross Plus? Or Ghost in the Shell?

And as long as they are talking "Greatest" and not "Best", as Darlos so correctly pointed out, where are the classics like Giant Robo and Lupin III? Hell, the only Gundam they mention is SEED! Which, having now experianced SEED, I can't say is a bad choice for "Best". But I shudder when people list things that are brand new as "the best of all time". Shouldn't time be a factor in that judgement? I've seen a LOT of awsome but ultimately forgettable anime in my time (Irresponsible Captain Tylor anyone? :wink: or Poko Rosso?) but they didn't make the list. 8)

Well, that's just my two cents.

~Re

December 11th, 2004, 7:19 pm
Profile YIM
Rant Master
Rant Master

Yay, someone outside of my little circle of friends has seen Tylor! Go Tylor! Yeah, I didn't notice Robotech on the list. Geez, that dosen't belong there. Oh, if you get the chance check out the Macross Zero OVA. It's pretty cool stuff. Really beautiful animation.

As for SEED getting on the list, from what I've heard about original Gundam, and what I've seen personally in Gundam Wing, SEED beats the crap out of most of the Gundams. And since a Gundam HAS to be on the best (or greatest to make Darlos happy :roll: ) anime list why not SEED, right?

Great men are meteors, destined to burn up the earth

December 12th, 2004, 1:21 am
Profile WWW

Macross Zero?! Thats a new one on me! :shock: But I'll take the hint and see if I can't track it down. I'm a rabid Macross fan... 7 was a total letdown. Well, what I've seen of it, which is not much.

As for Gundam... I love "08 Squad" and "War in the Pocket". "Stardust Memories" is also pretty cool. The original is a classic but it certainly shows the fact that it is dated. ;)

But SEED certainly is an amazing version of the theme. I just think it's too early to say its the best of the genre. If people are still talking about it 10 years from now then I'm totally on board! :wink:

~Re

December 12th, 2004, 6:23 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]