[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Weirdo Zone - View topic - Weirdo Zone News...
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2018, 8:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Weirdo Zone News... 
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Weirdo Zone News...
December 3rd, 2004:

Okay, trying to pull the site back together again. The new Art Gallery is now officially a part of the Weirdo Zone as I've completely revamped how the Art section looks by intergrating the new Gallery and some comments and links to the old galleries down the left side.

On top of that I was trying to get it so I could just update the news from here and have my posts show up in the news sections of both sites, but it didn't work out like I planned. Thus that's not going to happen just yet, however I did find out I could do something nifty with the Forums on the sites that I might intergrate later...

Now I'm going through and finishing "cleaning up" the site to make everything look more uniform. I just fixed the Weirdo Test pages to have the same size layers as the other pages, and made the font more uniform. I think I'm going to try to learn how to code the tests to grade themselves so people know how weird they are overall, or get a "Certificate of Weirdness" to copy and paste on their sites. I originally made them using a site that makes such things for you, but not very well and I think we need to eveolve...

The last thing now that needs to be done on the main site is for me to get off my ass and put up the rest of the "Women of Anime" section. I want to add three more women; Vampire Princess Miyu, San from Mononoke Hime, and Ed from Cowboy Bebop. That's going to take some time though as I still don't know how I want to make the interface for that part of the site... *sigh* I'll figure it out later.

Well, I need to get back to typing papers as it is the end of the semester and cram time. If you have any suggestions on anything on the site, let me know - I am such a feedback whore! :wink: :D

Later! :D

Last edited by Jaibyrd on November 13th, 2007, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 3rd, 2004, 1:55 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Weirdo Zone News...
December 27th, 2004:

Well, Darlos and I are back from a week-long jaunt up to New York to visit the Grandparents. Had a ton of fun, send Sol a dozen or so Postcards from everywhere, and pissed off the Cat and the Dog by boarding them at the Vet's. :roll: :wink:

Anyway, so now I'm back with a decent internet connection again so I can once more reply to e-mails and message board posts, although I might be a bit late as I'm not in front of my personal (crazzy-ass Mac) computer. However, I do have some exciting news in the 'puter department as I now have enough money to fling at Apple to give me a brand-new G5 to replace my possesed 7-year-old G3! Woot! Thus to the Apple store I go! I have been so looking forward to getting me a new Mac to drive to the brink of computer insanity! :shock: :P :twisted:

However the site will not be updated for a while as, like I said above, I may have an internet connection, but I need my personal computer for that. But now Darlos and I can brainstorm new Bean comics and the both of us will be working on The Ninth Dimension and hopefully, The Dreamingas well. We got some great anatomy books to improve our drawing skills as well, so hopefully we can at least post some of our art while I'm here thanks to the new WZ Art Gallery.

I'll try to keep everyone updated as to what's happening, but until next time my friends I hope you all had a wonderful X-mas/Kwanza/Hannukah and you all have a ton of fun partying the New Year in!! :wink: :D

December 27th, 2004, 7:54 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Sorry about the Errors...
January 7th, 2005:

Sorry about the errors popping up all over the board yesterday. Sol noticed them and alerted me about them so I contacted about 'em and he had just finished installing a new PHP on the server, hence the errors. But it's all good now as he fixed it for us. He's such a sweetie. :D

Well, I'm off tomorrow to help drag Darlos back to school and then Sunday I'll be back at my University for another semester of paper typing madness. Hopefully I'll be online full time that night, but it's going to take me a while as I have a new computer to set up and get used to as well as trans all my old info from my old Mac to the new.

Congradulate Sol as he got second runner up in that screwy song contest we all tried to help him with. He got a T-shirt!

One other thing, Darlos and I are throwing around an idea for a Bean contest. I posted about it in the Bean section of the forums, so check it out there and tell me your thoughts on it.

That's it for now, party on and I'll yap at you all later!

January 7th, 2005, 2:00 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post WZF got hacked but we're still here!
April 15th, 2005:

:soapbox:

Okay, this is what happened for those of you who didn't get the mass e-mail from Weirdo Zone Forums that I sent out last night/way too early this morning...

Basically what happened is WZF was attacked by a hacker bot, which is a nastly little program that crawls around the internet looking for phpBB boards that are weak and automatically hack them into oblivion. The reason it happened to WZF and not to Nightblood since they're both in the same account I hold with Xepher is because I 1. left WZF in it's original install folder instead of re-naming it to something else like I did with Nightblood and that's how the hacker bot found that, 2. I did not have the latest version on either board and like usual there are always security leaks that are being exploited with the phpBB boards.

Thankfully due to the fact I learned my lesson from the Proboards disaster, I choose to go with phpBB boards because the silly things have the option of backing up your database on the board so that we didn't loose the whole board like we did when the Proboards incident happened. Thus we did loose everything that happened since late Feb 2005, but that's not too bad.

And now, by deleting the old board, uploading a new board and using the database backup on the new board I've fixed the errors that we were seeing eariler when Xepher and I fixed the board the first time around... So here we are, back and still Modless...

But we're Modless for a reason, thus I do have a question I want to ask you, the members of the WZF, as to whether or not you want the Mods back:

So please check it out and vote so I can figure out what to do with my itchy coding finger! :upsidedown:

Until then... :coffee:

April 14th, 2005, 11:54 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]