[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Weirdo Zone - View topic - CTRL-ALT-DEL
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2018, 6:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 CTRL-ALT-DEL 
A Big Juicy Lemon!
A Big Juicy Lemon!

Post CTRL-ALT-DEL
To the ones not familiar with this comic series, it is one of the best gaming online comics. The comic tells the story about 22 year old and 23 year old room mates Ethan and Lucas. It takes all the ideas behind gaming and bumps it up to a crazy and exaggerated level. Very good humor, very funny. The comic has been around since 2002, I suggest you go to the archives and check some of the early comics so you will have a basic understanding of what’s going on. The online comic is filled with funny characters and gaming ideas. For example, they constantly laugh at Macs and their suckiness in gaming. The artist releases a comic every 2-4 days, check it out:

January 27th, 2005, 9:43 am
Rant Master
Rant Master

Hehe... Guntar, I saw your "old" post. And I almost smacked you down over it. You almost fell for it...

Feel a bit silly?

I'll check the comic out eventually.

January 27th, 2005, 10:25 am
Profile YIM WWW
A Big Juicy Lemon!
A Big Juicy Lemon!

Well yeah, I actually cried when I saw it at first. And I sent an E-mail to Penny Arcade begging them to quote "stop this madness" unquote. I feel like big idiot. A BIG idiot.

January 27th, 2005, 10:28 am
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Fall for a PA barb?
Oooooo, did someone fall for PA's comment on game developers getting exclusive rights to them or something? :wink: Apparently they got an ton of hate mail for it, so don't feel too bad Guntar. :lol:

But I heard about what they're commenting on in the news earlier this week where game developers are getting exclusive rights to do certain games, mainly sports ones. Of course I never play sports games, so that's fine by me... but what of other genres? I hope they suddenly do not start making video game genre monopolies in the near future...

January 27th, 2005, 11:06 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

Personally, I don't think they can go much beyond sports. Like, say, if Capcom got all rights to fighting games, what would become of things like Guilty Gear and Mortal Kombat? If SquareEnix got all rights to RPGs (god forbid), what would happen to things like Xenosaga and... hell, every other RPG out there. It's just not plausable. Not even racing games.

EA makes the best sports games, as far as I've seen. Nobody buys anything from 989 Studios anymore. So, whatever.

And how did ANYONE fall for that Penny Arcade thing? I wasn't even aware that it was something people were supposed to actually fall for. Doesn't anyone know that just about everything in one of their comics is complete bullshit? You gotta read the accompanying Tycho rants, in order to know the motive for the comics.... among other things.

January 28th, 2005, 10:51 am
Profile YIM WWW
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post No clue...

January 28th, 2005, 3:07 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

Great men are meteors, destined to burn up the earth

January 29th, 2005, 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Wereclown
Wereclown

I don't know... having real sportsmen in sports games adds something Some feeling. Call it pre-made character development. I used to play Fifa '99. But, gave up on sports after that.

Anyway, ctrl+alt+del is very cool. I knew of the comic some time ago. Reminds me a little of Reallifecomics.com, but reallife is a little more... dunno, conservative-feeling. Ctrl alt doesn't hold back.

February 6th, 2005, 2:25 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]