View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 22nd, 2018, 2:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post your desktop 
Rant Master
Rant Master

Post Post your desktop
I'm bored so I thought I'd bring a little bit of OC Remix message board style to the Weirdo Zone. Here's my desktop for the week

Great men are meteors, destined to burn up the earth

February 17th, 2005, 2:32 am
Profile WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

She looks like she just noticed you while in deep though, and is about to say something intelligent. That, or "Huh?... oh, hey."

Aren't my icons so sparse and organized?

Oh, and if you want a screenshot-making program, here:
http://www.shareup.com/Quick_Screenshot_Maker-download-16089.html

Just go to File and New Canvas, and then to Capture and Default/Last Capture. Select the entire screen, and save it. That easy.

February 17th, 2005, 2:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
A Big Juicy Lemon!
A Big Juicy Lemon!

Well, here is my desktop (sorry 56k users):

February 17th, 2005, 8:27 am
Rant Master
Rant Master

Ooh... nice skin replacement. Where'd (how'd) you get it?

Oh, and, uhm... make sure the picture is better compressed next time, kay? That thing is huge.

February 17th, 2005, 10:15 am
Profile YIM WWW
A Big Juicy Lemon!
A Big Juicy Lemon!

I used a program called "Style XP", you can download a free trial if you want, google it. When you install it, it gives you a variety of themes to begin with, and you can also download some from all sorts of places.

February 17th, 2005, 12:58 pm
Rant Master
Rant Master

Mmm, shiny. I'm using this thing called WindowBlinds to make my stuff work.

Hey, fellow Windows users. If you wanna do like me, go here:
http://www.wincustomize.com/

It's a great site. Just get WindowBlinds for the skins, CursorXP for cursor stuff, and Icon Packager for icons. And Boot Skins for the bootup screen, though that made my system mess up...

February 17th, 2005, 5:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Mac desktop...
Here's my current desktop:

But that's cool what you can do with your Windows guys. I bet I can do the same, just need to learn more about OSX here... :upsidedown:

February 17th, 2005, 7:06 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
First Knight of the Odd Republic!

Question... how does one go about actually posting the screencap? I don't have anyplace to host the pic (it has a nipple showing on Morrigan... just enough nudity to make it a problem) and can't post it directly from my computer. And WOW! Those templates/skins/whatever they are called look sweet! I'm on some verison of Win98... and I'm tech-illiterate. ;) But that would be a nice thing to learn. Hell, just figuring out how to clean up my desktop would be nice. But the last time I deleated a shortcut I frelled my machine, so I don't do that no more! heh heh heh

And thanks for the link to the "Quick Screenshot Maker". That was very nice and quite well recieved by this confused Sungod.

~Re
[/img]

February 17th, 2005, 8:29 pm
Profile YIM
A Big Juicy Lemon!
A Big Juicy Lemon!

Well find a free host. I use Homstead (http://www.homestead.com) and it serves me right so far.

February 18th, 2005, 8:18 am
Rant Master
Rant Master

Okay, I should specify: the stuff I pointed out is for WindowsXP users. See, XP actually kinda supports that sort of thing. I mean, Microsoft made XP so you could switch from that new colorful look back to the old one, or to some silvery one. Because of that, it's made for changing skins and such. And you could always change the look of icons and cursors. It's just that Microsoft never really expanded upon it themselves. So some dudes on the net did.

There's other processes for 98/2000/etc, and I don't know them. I think they're out there, though, so go ahead and search on Google about skinning your version of windows. Either that or get XP.

And since you seemed to have missed it, Horus, here's the screen capture program again:
http://www.shareup.com/Quick_Screenshot_Maker-download-16089.html

Have fun.

February 18th, 2005, 11:14 am
Profile YIM WWW

Oh I got and used that program as soon as I saw it had a link. Thanks D. Thanks for the data on the skins and stuff. I'll see what I can google-up.

My problem is that to post an image I need a url... and I have no place to host the pic. So if you, Jai, or Glaive could point me to a location that is free (no credit card and most sites don't take checks... ;) ) I'd be really greatful. I tried ImageShack... they suck. So I'm hesitant to turn to anyone that isn't deeply engrossed in the net-community. And D, you certainly have my respect and admiration where such things are concerned. Jai and Glaive too.

Anyway, thanks for the help provided and the aide that is sure to come. *bows* Domo arigato.

~Re

February 18th, 2005, 11:16 pm
Profile YIM
Rant Master
Rant Master

I'm fairly certian you have an art gallery right on this very website. Just put it there. That's what I did.

February 19th, 2005, 1:29 am
Profile YIM WWW

Oh. :drunken: :coffee: Um, heh heh heh... I didn't think that was allowed. BUT if that's what you did... :headbang: Then I suppose I wont get into trouble for it either. Danka yet again... I'll edit this post up after posting the page.

Hmm, as long as I'm using this as a Q&A session. How does a guy go about capturing scenes from PS2 videogames? What hardware and software would I need? I know there are sites to go to (some that I have marked are REALLY good) but they don't have some of the caps I want (like from the Aerocombat series). Doing it myself would be easier. Anyway, any advice D?

Image[/img]

February 20th, 2005, 7:04 am
Profile YIM
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Uh-oh! Boobies!! :ditto: Maybe I should put a rating on this thread. ;) Although honestly, if you haven't seen boobs before, something's wrong with you. I look at mine all the time. Of course, they're attached to the front of me...

February 20th, 2005, 12:59 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Wereclown
Wereclown

Uh-oh! Boobies!! :ditto: Maybe I should put a rating on this thread. ;) Although honestly, if you haven't seen boobs before, something's wrong with you. I look at mine all the time. Of course, they're attached to the front of me...

I've seen far less that I'd like to have. :crybaby:

You should rate it "N" for Nipples. ;)

...spectamur...

National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse wrote:
"Teens who use drugs are 5 times more likely to have sex than are those teens who do not use drugs."

February 21st, 2005, 10:04 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next