View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 23rd, 2018, 7:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 You're an American and you aren't smart enough to read this 
Rant Master
Rant Master

Post You're an American and you aren't smart enough to read this
So said American publishers for awhile about this book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0765310015/qid=1107127273/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-9279554-3886507?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
Apparently the book, Gardens of the Moon written by a British author, has a lot of complicated political intrigue. In an interview with the author I read, when they asked him why his stuff wasn't published in the US he said that it because US publishers thought it was above most of their readerships heads.I've been interested in reading it for the past three years or so, but it wasn't released in the US until a few weeks ago. If it were outside publishers, it'd be one thing, but the publishers in our own country (if you are reading this and aren't American I guess you are out of the loop on this topic) felt we were too dumb to make it worth their time to publish the book over here until years after the book was first published in the UK. I challenge all you American fantasy fans to read it! I know I certainly will.

Great men are meteors, destined to burn up the earth

January 30th, 2005, 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Wereclown
Wereclown

maybe they were gathering hype, to get just that kind of reverse psychological reaction?

...spectamur...

National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse wrote:
"Teens who use drugs are 5 times more likely to have sex than are those teens who do not use drugs."

February 18th, 2005, 4:18 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
First Knight of the Odd Republic!
First Knight of the Odd Republic!

Okay, I'll give it a go. Any book that comes recommended by a man that loves the Gunslinger/Dark Tower books as much as I do can't steer me wrong.

But it just might go over my head. Politics does tend to go through me to a degree. That's why I'm banging my head against "God Emperor of Dune"... too much subtext! heh heh heh But I'll try it none the less.

~Re

February 18th, 2005, 10:53 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]