[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Weirdo Zone - View topic - Seed of Chucky
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2018, 9:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Seed of Chucky 
Post Seed of Chucky

October 18th, 2004, 7:14 pm
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Re: Seed of Chucky

October 18th, 2004, 8:37 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
First Knight of the Odd Republic!

Shouldn't this be under the Entertainment Forum? And blarg... I hate Chucky Moives. They are not scary and generally not even surprising. Now as for movies that DO look like they might scare... the Grudge! When that kid opens his mouth and that cat-wail issues from its grotesquely distended lips.... *shivers*... eeeewwwww!!!! :wink: Makes my spine shrink 2 inches every time I see the preview on tv. And that's in a well lit room. :wink: Can't wait to see it it a dark theater with dolby digital surround-sound! heh heh heh

October 18th, 2004, 11:00 pm
Profile YIM
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post MOVED
Indeed Horus it should be in this forum, thus I moved it.

Please keep the topics where they best fit in the future Sora.

October 19th, 2004, 12:25 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Some things never change, eh Goddess?! :wink:

October 19th, 2004, 12:29 am
Profile YIM
Vampress
Vampress

Is it my imagination, or is Chucky actually more funny then scary? I saw the first two movies when I was eight years old, so a talking doll trying to kill people creaped me out. After seeing Bride Of Chucky, I found it to be a little funny.

February 19th, 2005, 3:20 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

February 19th, 2005, 3:45 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Wereclown
Wereclown

then again, the infamous society today sees scary things as funny. Example from The Grudge itself. Like two of my classmates told me, they had seen it. It was spooky. Lots of bad, mean, ugly spots. They were kinda creeped. But the rest of the audience was laughing their asses off during the horror scenes. :lmao:

So in the end they just had to wonder: are they weird? :dontknow:

February 20th, 2005, 4:39 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Psychologically speaking every person is going to have a different limit to horror and a different "key" to their terror. The Grudge totally freaks me out... I'm not terrified as much as I am creeped out. BUT (as psychologists would say) my terror key is activated and I am creeped out BECAUSE I would be terrified if I was in that situation. The only other movie that has scared me as much is "the Exorcist". In looking back I believe my fear is of supernatural powers that are impossible to escape. If you have seen either movie you know what I'm talking about.

The notion of being tracked down and either possessed or killed outright by powers that I am powerless to resist... *shivers* Nope, I don't like that at all. Fuck that noise! Give me an indestructable slasher like Jason, a dream phantom like Freddie, or a dumb-ass psychotic doll like Chucky ANY day!! But keep them ghosts and demons to yerself! heh heh heh

~Re

February 20th, 2005, 8:02 am
Profile YIM
Wereclown
Wereclown

I know a guy who's terrified like hell by anything Chucky-related. Childhood fears. Saw it as a too little kid.

Hmm... I, for some reason I don't know, got scared by Evil Dead's (first movie) "suspence" scenes, where you can expect to be startled. It's usually just startling, not scaring, but I know there was a factor of fear, too, there.
And, after that, one day in the dark, alone, I was in bathroom, half-awake, brushing my teeth. I was sure I saw one of these "deadites" or whatever they are, in the mirror. For my commedation I can say, I wasn't afraid when I thought I saw it for real. Just figured: fuck it. I'll finish brushing my teeth. Sees later, if I'll survive.

February 21st, 2005, 2:44 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]