View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 18th, 2018, 1:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What are you reading? 
Rant Master
Rant Master

Post What are you reading?
For all you who are reading something...what book are you in the middle of? I'm reading Stone of Tears, Book Two of the Sword of Truth series.

Great men are meteors, destined to burn up the earth

January 29th, 2005, 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post More Robin Hobb...
I recently finished Book One of Robin Hobb's Liveship series, Ship of Magic. Now I need to get the other two, Mad Ship and Ship of Destiny so that way I can see what the heck the Fool was up to when he and Fritz were split up inbetween the Royal Assassin and Tawny Man series. :cat:

January 30th, 2005, 10:29 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

Shame on you!

January 30th, 2005, 1:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Did you just say "Fritz"?

Shame on you!

They called him that occasionally in the first trilogy, or would you rather I said, "Tom Badgerlock"? :upsidedown:

January 30th, 2005, 2:23 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

... What? I don't recall him every being called "Fritz."

January 31st, 2005, 4:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
A Big Juicy Lemon!
A Big Juicy Lemon!

I am currently reading "Goodbye and thanks for the fish" or is it "Goodluck and thanks for the fish"? Anyway, its the fourth book in Douglas Adams's trilogy of four "The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy". So far I found it extremely hilarious just like the other 3 books.

February 17th, 2005, 3:54 pm
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Ain't that a co-winkie-dink? I was given The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for my birthday. Now to find the time to read the silly thing... :coffee:

I've been feeling rather run-down of late and it's robbing all my creative mojo... :sleep:

But anyway, did you know they're making a movie off of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Here's the offical site of the movie with trailer: http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/main.html

February 17th, 2005, 7:24 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Wereclown
Wereclown

Reading "Tõde ja õigus," as part of the mandatory literature program. "Truth and Justice," translated.

...spectamur...

National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse wrote:
"Teens who use drugs are 5 times more likely to have sex than are those teens who do not use drugs."

February 18th, 2005, 4:15 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Vampress
Vampress

May 7th, 2005, 7:27 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Owned by a Cat
Owned by a Cat

Lets see, I'm activly reading the Berserk Darkhorse Manga, on #5. I'm on Chapt. 3 of Jai's Future's Past series. Am a quarter of the way into Les Miseralbe, which is GREAT, but you have to be in the mood. I'm more than half way into the second Hedge Knight by George RR Martin, in Legends 2, can't wait for book 4 of A Song of Ice and Fire! I just finished Wolverine: The End. And am more than halfway through Marvel - 1602. I have Star Wars: Infinities: Return of the Jedi ready to be read. And I'm having to reread my vampire stories to make a comprehensive outline of plot points and time line so I can rewrite all of them to have all the correct info....

Between that, NIN coming out with a new album and Trent putting up the studio masters to The Hand that Feeds in Garageband format, which allow ppl to make their own remixes, (at last count there were almost 400 different remixes on a site for them all), decorating my house, yardwork, real work, writing checks for bills, and trying as hard as I can to hang out with this awesome chick I met.... Well, lets just say, I'm reading Berserk when I need to rest my eyes from the comp, and Jai's stuff when I can get in front of the comp while not using it for my own creative stuff.

My writings: http://madrin.deviantart.com
My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/madrin/

May 7th, 2005, 9:01 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Rant Master
Rant Master

I really enjoyed the Hedge Knight. For some reason I've never gotten around to reading the 3rd book of A Song and Ice and Fire. That might be something to do this summer with the 4th book coming out and all.

Great men are meteors, destined to burn up the earth

May 8th, 2005, 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Wereclown
Wereclown

aww... my post about apocalypse got deleted :pissed:

as that post said, I was reading Charles Darwin's "Origin of Species". I don't plan to fully read it, I just found an interesting chapter in it. And I saw something which gives us plenty of insight about apocalypse - though, in the book, it wasn't meant as anything regarding the end of the world.

that aside, I'm also trying to read John Milton's "Paradise Lost"... though, it's quite difficult.

...spectamur...

National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse wrote:
"Teens who use drugs are 5 times more likely to have sex than are those teens who do not use drugs."

May 10th, 2005, 8:54 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Owned by a Cat
Owned by a Cat

Yeah, Paradise Lost is difficult, but worth it. Les Miseralbe o nthe other hand...phew...its a monster. At least, though, it has a catchy French named leading character. Jean Valjean. Just love saying that....

Anyways, onto Berserk #6, and Jai's Chapt. 4.

May 10th, 2005, 4:59 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Arch Angel
Arch Angel

Yeah, Paradise Lost is difficult, but worth it. Les Miseralbe o nthe other hand...phew...its a monster. At least, though, it has a catchy French named leading character. Jean Valjean. Just love saying that....

I had to read Les Miserables last year. My French teacher insisted on reading it (in French), though I thought he was just looking for a way to punish us for something I haven't figured out yet... Or something.
It wasn't too bad, but it's not as if I really liked it myself, or the rest of the class. :roll:

May 11th, 2005, 12:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Owned by a Cat
Owned by a Cat

Haha, yeah, I bet its alot better in French, if ya can understand it. Its hard to believe I'm actually reading it, off and on, for fun huh?

I finished the comic Star Wars Infinities: Return of the Jedi. I honestly cannot believe how good the Infinities series is. Its worth every second of reading them for the twists alone. The last page of RotJ just made my jaw flap open in awe. I'm really lookin' forward to finishing Neil Gaiman's Marvel 1602 later this week.

May 11th, 2005, 5:08 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next