[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Weirdo Zone - View topic - America the Stupid
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 21st, 2018, 7:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 America the Stupid 

Do you think this information could be true?
Yes 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like Jai'byrd's new Avatar! 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 3

America the Stupid 
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post America the Stupid
:soapbox:

Okay, I was watching Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO last week and they had quite an interesting panel on, including George Carlin - who I enjoy to watch and read his books - who pointed out a very interesting fact:

That 20 to 25% of Americans believe the sun goes around the earth.

Maybe before working at the Zoo and dealing with the general public everyday I wouldn't have believed it, but since getting my eyes ripped open there to how stupid people really are, I do believe it.

I tried to Google the line to see if I could actually find that as a published fact, and I did see it mentioned in a couple articles in odd online newspapers, but nothing of any weight. Although in an odd side-note I did discover there is an online group who still believes the Earth is flat.

Anyway, while I'm not surprised, it still is rather sad... but then again, look at our glorious "President"...

So what are your thoughts my fellow Weirdos? :dontknow:

September 17th, 2005, 12:49 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
First Knight of the Odd Republic!

"I'll stop when you accept the fact you are my new human..."
LOL
Great avatar!

Oh, and I'm surprised the ratio is as LOW as only 25%! We seem to only have evolved past chimps only far enough to fuck over our world. But we are still the same dumb animal we claim or closest genetic relatives are. We haven't learned a DAMN thing in 4000 years of recorded history, we have just improved the efficiency with how we maim, slughter, and rape. Yey humanity! Now where the fuck are those overlords? I'm ready for my ticket off this doomed rock, and I don't care that i'll have to be the hand-servent to a Glarbon from Brakiri 9 for the rest of my days. At least we "superior humans" would finally get a taste of our place in the universe.

SEND IN THE CLOWNS! heh heh heh

~Re

September 17th, 2005, 1:12 pm
Profile YIM
Wereclown
Wereclown

I am the Clown!!! (Wereclown, but you'll never know!)

umm... well, do those statistics include people less than 8 years old, who haven't learned much at school yet? And people too old to remember that Earth's the one rollin'?

'course there are always separatists (sp?), who refuse to believe Earth's round, that Earth's the one rockin' 'round the Sun, or that there's one God ruling over all of us. But some dissention's good, even necessary. Though 20% to figure Helios in his BMW races over the sky every day, well... is kind of a lot.

oh yeah... I voted "yes". I still question it, but it COULD be true, as the option says.

September 17th, 2005, 1:31 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Wereclown
Wereclown

November 20th, 2005, 6:49 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

I repeat... "just evolved past chimps". :mrgreen: We have thumbs! Whee!!! And enough brains to use them so poorly that we feel compelled to look pretty basic facts DEAD in the eye and STILL say "nah, I don't believe that the Earth revolves around the sun".

Come on Overlord Chavva, the Glarbon ruler of Brakiri 9, get with the program and come and get me OFF the loopy ass planet!

heh heh heh

~Re

November 20th, 2005, 4:56 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]